Thursday, October 30, 2008

My TEFL Journey Continues


It was Sunday, July 13th, 2008 that I made the decision to go to China. As many of you know, it wasn’t solely my decision, but for the sake of being politically correct I am saying that it was my decision. For the record all of my posts will be as politically correct as possible so that all who may read my blogs will walk away feeling content.
________
I was offered the job to go to China at the end of May. I was hesitant to make a decision right away because I knew that it was a big decision that required quite a bit of time to think about it. While I was debating whether or not to go to China, I continued interviewing and applying for jobs around the area.

Finally, one day it just hit me and became very apparent that I was supposed to go to China.

Right now I am less than 11 hours away from leaving my house to travel to the airport. My brother’s comment this evening was, “Wow, you are so calm about this.” I responded by saying, “Yes, yes I guess I am.”

I know that all will work out wonderfully and I am not going to be lonely in China. *smile*

Until next time...

(The picture was taken in San Francisco in front of the Chinese Consulate).

No comments:

Post a Comment