Friday, January 23, 2009

Chinese New Year

Happy Spring Festival! Tomorrow I and my friend Lani are headed to Dumai Laut, Malaysia to spend our week off relaxing on the beach. Here in China, the biggest celebration of the year is Chinese New Year, or sometimes referred to as "Spring Fesitval". Millions and millions of people flock to China to celebrate this holiday. (Imagine an already crowded city get even more crowded!) Therefore, Lani and I thought it wise to skip town and travel to a country we have never been to. Our journey tomorrow will consist of a 4 hour plane journey from Guangzhou, China to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Then we will ride a bus for 3 hours to finally arrive at our destination. To put it lightly... I am looking forward to this next week!

On a different note... I thought I would post some pictures I have taken from work. This first pic is of one of the walls in our school. For those of you that don't know, my favorite animal is a penguin!

The next couple of pictures are of my desk space at work. Again, notice the penguins? (And since this picture was taken, I was given a stuffed animal of a penguin from one of my co-workers that I have named "Penny the Penguin".)




This picture is proof that I was named teacher of the month for the month of November. I still think that there were other teachers much more deserving, but I was still quite honored to receive this award.

The following pictures are from our "small stars Christmas party". This was a party for our 2 to 5 year old students. It was held at a movie theatre and as you can see we had to blow up quite a few balloons!





Lastly, here are some other pictures of the school that I work at. These pictures were of course taken during Christmas time (hence the Christmas decorations). Also, take notice of the rules I have had my 6 and 7 year old students create. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment